söndag 29 april 2007

Sunday # 16 Sex, Drugs and Poffertjes

I'm currently in Amsterdam , so this week there will not be any new recipe from me. I will however give a review of the famous dutch pancakes (hot ones) and Stroopwafels (cood ones) and some japanese pancakes my host here recommended.




This was a Amsterdam bonus pancake: Okonomiyaki, the Japanese pancake. I wont be going to Japan this year so it worked out fine. The batter i s made by 300 g flour, 200 ml water and 2 eggs. This one is filled with squid and spring onion and topped with seaweed, mayo and a strange fish flake. But it was good.



Making pancakes in the streets



A Poffetjes gigantogriddle
Poffertjes are small Dutch pancakes, served with powder sugar.

I ripped this recipe from Wikipedia

* 125 grams of flour
* 125 grams of buckwheat flour
* 300 ml milk or water
* 1/2 spoon of syrup
* 1 egg
* 10 grams of (dried) yeast
* a little bit of salt
* 75 grams of melted butter
* powdered sugar

Stroopwafels, buy them anywhere, eat them anywhere. Guaranteed to increase your blood glucose with at least 100%. Delicious.



On request. Me and Anna outsid a Coffee shop (not really sex and drugs, but come on)

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Um...where's the pics of the sex and the drugs?

Lone Gopher sa...

I almost bought a shirt like that yesterday. Looks good! Good thing I didn't buy it though, it would've looked ridiculous if we both had on.

And I agree, the headline and picture doesn't really match.

/J.