söndag 8 april 2007

Sunday # 13 French Toast

Spring is still here!

It is Easter and to celebrate the holiday we went out to the archpelago outside Stockholm.

This is not my recipe and I didn´t make the toast so Elin and Klas should really write this.
I can just say thank you and they were delicious.


Frying away in my parents kitchen in the summer house



The view from the terrace




Anyway, here´s how to:
3 eggs
2 dl milk
Whisk and dip white bread. Fry with butter in a pan.

To go with:

Assorted fruits
Maple syryp
Powder sugar
Cottage cheese

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

In my childhood we called it "Poor knights", Fattiga riddare in swedish, sometimes also served with sugar and cinnamon. I think your grandma served it also for you.
I found some norwegian reciepies that you can try. You can also borrow my norwegian "stekeplatte" if you will have many guests. We tried it saturday for the first time with norwegian "sveles" served with strawberryjam and creme.

Anonym sa...

hi!Thanks for your French Toast!
The last recipe is nearly the same we have in france called "Pain perdu" we use dry bread and it's really good.I love the view from the terrace,it looks beautiful...

Lone Gopher sa...

AAAH. Varholma.

News from Ph.: Josef has TB. Rufus does not want to learn how to swim. I got new guitars. Lotta got out of a trip to Australia and does not have as much work as the last couple of months (still a lot though). Easter was nice and slow,I went birding on Saturday and saw Chinese Egrets. Lotta worked some so she can take days off later when her dad and his wife are coming early May. We'll probably go to Palawan.

Happy birthday in advance!

/J.

Axel sa...

Nice blog! Makes you wanna eat pancakes.