söndag 21 januari 2007

Sunday # 3 American Pancakes

The winter is here. Thought maybe it would not come this year. Just skip it and go for spring. Had a few days of snow in November, but nothing that lasted. Now it seems it will be here for at least a week. This a view from my kitchen window















In the spring of 2000 I spent 2 months with my frind Hjalle and some other people in California, and he was supposed to come today, but unfortenately could not make it. But nevertheless - today´s theme, American Pancakes.






When you surf the internet for just standard, no filling, no extra, no funny stuff American Pancakes it is hard to find one originating from the U.S. It can of course also be my poor search technique.

I found a swedish one on ica.se, made it and it was bad, so I won´t post it. The one that got the highest marks from the jury was this one from the BBC:

255g/9oz plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
250ml/9fl oz milk
2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
6 tbsp cottage cheese
55g/2oz unsalted butter, melted

Lot thicker batter than I am used to, but turned out very nice. Don´t think the cottage cheese is an original ingredient in american pancakes, but I liked it.


















Today´s Jury Elin, Klas and Anna( and I see now that I am caught i the mirror)

1 kommentar:

Lone Gopher sa...

Nice pic, miss the snow.

about URLs - first time I heard it as www.sundaypancakes.blogspot.com, so I went there and tried to figure out if you, moved, changed your name to Brian, changed partner and performed some plastic surgery. It just seems to be someone who time-warped and stole your idea a year ago.

This time I omitted a "s" to go to www.sundaypancake.blogpot.com, now there's a interesting site. And what's a blogpot?

Cheers

/J.